We believe that nature, animals, and people are closely connected. And we feel obliged to take this full cycle into consideration whenever we take a new step – for the equality of beings. Learn more about our four vows here.
VOW NO. 1 – SKALL STUDIO
We will use our growth to invest in our partnerships. We will create a working environment where everyone feels seen, safe and heard. We commit to make beautiful collections and collaborations that deliver valuable impact.
We vow to always be true to ourselves, to each other and to our purpose of creating beautiful items that are a true reflection of us. We will be supportive and inclusive to all whom wish to be a part of our team.
We vow to continually be open, trusting and nurturing to ourselves and each other with the understanding that everything is connected. We will be curious and investigative with complex issues and not turn away from difficulties, but instead continue to work through and examine trouble. These commitments are at our core and are integral to us creating an environment and products that are adding value to everyone.
This means that:
- We commit to always consider the value of growth; we will use our growth to invest in our partnerships to distribute value in order to nurture healthy relationships.
- We will create a working environment where every being is allowed to bring forth their personality and will be treated in a respectful way that makes them feel seen, safe and heard.
- We commit to make beautiful collections and collaborations that go beyond aesthetics and deliver valuable and tangible impact.
VOW NO. 2 – NATURE
We commit to use natural materials that are conduction to natural cycles. We want to rule out plastic and other harmful materials. We will rethink the concept of waste creation – to design out waste. We commit to supporting regeneration.
At Skall Studio, we vow to establish a harmonious relationship with nature. Through all operations, we will rebalance the connection we have with the environment to one that is mutually beneficial.
We vow to trust nature and work within its natural cycles and respect its boundaries. We understand that we are intricately interwoven with nature and that we are all reliant on that bond. We accept our responsibility with our actions.
This means that:
- We commit to use material options that are conducive to natural cycles and local climates in order to create thriving ecosystems and biodiversity for all, e.g., by using regenerative flax/linen from regenerative agriculture in Europe.
- We will always work towards solutions and alternatives to rule out and minimize plastic, and any other harmful materials from our production and practices.
- We will rethink the concept of waste creation within our company practices towards one that designs out waste.
- We commit to supporting regeneration wherever and whenever we can.
VOW NO. 3 – ANIMALS
We will never do harm towards animals. We will create processes that allow us to have a transparent supply chain and know the origin and conditions of the animals directly involved in our collections. We commit to supporting the farmers directly responsible for the wool we use. We commit to not using any leather or fur.
Our connectedness to all animals is very close to our hearts. Therefore, we vow to rekindle our relationship with all living organisms on this planet by respecting natural, not industrial, processes and making sure all animal-based products we work with heighten an understanding of animals’ role in a biodiverse, thriving society.
This means that:
- We will never do harm towards animals. This includes the animals directly involved in our supply chain and the animals effected by our practices and resource usage throughout our supply chain.
- We will create processes that allow us to share land and resources with
other beings, so we can all thrive.
- We commit to forming strong, personal, and symbiotic relationships with the animals directly involved in Skall Studio, such as the Danish sheep by supporting the farmers directly responsible for the wool we use.
- We will do this in order to ensure that every being derives value from collaborating with us.
- We will continue to honor our commitment to not using any leather or fur in any of our products or collaborations.
VOW NO. 4 – PEOPLE
We will ensure a balanced relationship with suppliers and partners based on equal footing. We commit to working with talented craftsmen in a mutually equal and valuable relationship. We will educate and inspire our customers to care, repair and elongate the life of our products.
We vow to our customers, suppliers, farmers and artisans to engage in equally beneficial relationships. At Skall Studio, we will continuously work to understand their perspectives and support their own agency in their own roles and purpose. We will look to always offer an open, respectful, trustful, and supportive role to all the people to whom we are lucky to be in business with. We vow that we will always work to strengthen these bonds.
This means that:
- We will strengthen our relationship with our current suppliers and partners to ensure a balanced relationship based on equal footing.
- We commit to working with talented artisans, creatives, and seamstresses in a mutually equal and valuable relationship, where they feel that they can express themselves freely and be valued for their craft.
- We will engage with our customers to ensure that they care, repair and elongate the life of our products through education, services and inspiration.