5 PRINCIPLES OF SUSTAINABLE FASHION
Sustainable fashion is timeless design
We believe in designing with our hearts and in letting our passion for beautiful silhouettes and natural materials shine through to the women wearing our clothes. We want to encourage and help our customers to make sustainable choices, by giving them the opportunity to join the universe of Skall Studio, where each and every piece of garment is created and designed with value and purpose. Loved clothes last longer.
- Create good and timeless design.
- Develop clothes of high quality.
- Design clothes that the customer wants to keep and treasure, for a long time.
- Design clothes that can be repaired and renewed.
With this principle we wish to support UN SDG No 12 Responsible production and consumption.
Sustainable fashion is made from natural materials
We believe in using only natural materials such as organic cotton, linen and wool. We love working with cotton and linen fabrics which have many good properties and are very comfortable to wear. Both fabrics comes from natural resources with low impact on the environment. The same goes for pure wool, which we source from local or certified farmers. Being animal lovers and living a vegetarian lifestyle, it is a must for us to know that our wool materials come from animal friendly farmers. We do not use any fur or skin materials.
- Prioritize to use and develop only natural and sustainable materials.
- Do not use man-made fibres unless, it is re-cycled, leftover or discarded materials that would otherwise become landfill.
- Increase the use of unblended materials that can easily be renewed.
- Use only safe materials (GOTS, Oekotex).
- Use materials that do not in any part of the process cause harm to animals.
With this principle we wish to support UN SDG No 12 Responsible production and consumption and the mission of The Ellen MacArthur foundation.
3. SOCIALLY RESPONSIBLE
Sustainable fashion is made in a socially responsible supply chain
We believe that everyone working with us and for us, should be considered our partners – our family. We want to share our values and our work for a more sustainable world with everyone involved in Skall Studio. We want to build and run a responsible business that offers a company culture of concern and respect for diversity and a culture that acknowledge the work of each and every hand that contribute to the final, beautiful and sustainable Skall Studio product.
Therefore we …
- Establish close and long-lasting partnerships with our suppliers and only work with people that share our values for a more sustainable world.
- Through relationships and cooperation, encourage and support our suppliers in their work for improved compliance.
- Encourage and support our suppliers to offer working conditions that are even higher standards than those requested by the national laws in force.
- Source and support local (Danish) production and suppliers as close to our markets as possible.
- Focus on the simplicity and transparency of our supply chain, to ensure that we make the right choices.
With this principle we wish to support UN SDG No 05 Gender Equality with focus on 5.1 and 5.2, and No 08 Decent work and economic growth, with focus on 8.7 and 8.8.
4. ENVIRONMENTAL CARE
Sustainable fashion is made with environmental care
We believe in a shared responsibility for the well-being of mother earth. Our future and the future of coming generations depend on our present and future management of the environment. We acknowledge our responsibility as a sustainable brand and commit ourselves to let our garments be our voice.
Therefore we ..
- Encourage and support our suppliers to surpass compliance with the local environment laws by adopting best practice principles and to continuously seek improved methods to minimize any adverse environmental impact of their operations.
- Ensure transparency that allow us to make the conscious choices and give priority to the suppliers with whom we can partner in the work for environmental care.
- Use only sustainable packing such as bio-degradable plastic bags and re-cycled cartons. And we encourage our suppliers to re-use packing materials and to club together more pieces in each plastic bag.
-Aim to avoid airfreight and give priority to sea freight in our planning, together with road transportation, to limit the carbon footprint as much as possible.
- In all we do, make efforts to reduce the footprints of our activities and our products throughout the complete value chain.
With this principle, we wish to support UN SDG No 06 Clean water and sanitation with focus on 6.3 and 6.b and No 12 Responsible Consumption and Production with focus on 12.4 and 12.5.
5. CARE AND RESPONSIBILITY
Sustainable fashion is given a long life through care and responsibility
We believe that our responsibility goes beyond the end consumer. We therefore commit ourselves to encourage our customers and consumers to care for and prolong the life of the Skall Studio garments. We want our customers and consumers to value and cherish the work and the craftmanship that lies behind each and every Skall Studio product, and to respect the value of the garment, even when they may not need it any more.
- Invite our customers and consumers to share our universe of sustainable values, and to contribute to grow and improve our work and our mission for a better world. We welcome all inputs that may come from our loyal customers and consumers.
- Make sure to provide simple and helpful guidance on garment care, for each specific product.
- Offer services of free repair of Skall Studio products.
- Encourage our customers to up-cycle, resell or simply give away the garment, when they do not need it anymore.
With this principle, we wish to support UN SDG No 12 Responsible Consumption and Production with focus on 12.5 and 12.8, and the mission of the Ellen MacArthur foundation.